Electrical Grounding Analysis
SKM GroundMat is a program for substation ground grid design and
analysis. It is designed to help optimize grid design or reinforce
existing grids of any Shape. It uses a general-purpose finite element
algorithm for potential analysis and graphical facilities to validate
ground system efficiency.
- Finite element analysis of the ground conductors.
- Finite element analysis of the ground rod conductors.
- Grid conductor current displacement analysis using Matrix analysis.
- Earth model analysis from field measurements.
- User specified fault current.
- Grid and Ground potential analysis.
- Ability to analysis multiple ground systems.
- Ability to analysis the potential raise for each ground systems including neighboring passive grid or rod.
- Safety analysis including surface materials, based on body weight and exposure time.
- Optional IEEE Guide 80 / IEE 490 for safety analysis.
- Calculation of maximum permissible touch and step voltages
- Comprehensive report for grid and rod configuration
- Comprehensive report for surface potential analysis featuring station data, currents diffused to ground by the grid elements.
- Danger point evaluation.
- Touch and surface potential analysis
- Data entry for grid and rod in spreadsheet format.
- Data entry for earth model in spreadsheet format.
- Grid/rod/profile wizards to setup initial system.
- 3D/2D representation of grid and rod configuration.
Project setup Options
- Cut and copy grid/rod segments in spreadsheet
- Range-checking for simulation parameters
- User -defined thresholds for danger area evaluation
- User-defined color coding for graphical safety analysis
- Metric and English units
- Project tree management
- Multiple study for each project
- Input data and output saved for each study
- Switch study by working project tree
- Copy study to another study in project
| Back |